Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Worst Nightmare?


If you ask a child about their worst nightmare, they'll probably tell you a tale about monsters. If you ask a student, they'll surely have a story about walking into class & having an unexpected test. But the worst real-life nightmare for most women involves swimsuit shopping. I think it has something to do with the fluorescent lighting and the three way mirrors. Let me tell you what just happened to me, exactly one week after Thanksgiving. My wonderful agent called to tell me that he had a job offer for me to host a fitness show...but there was one small catch. The producer needed to see a photo of my butt & thighs. Surely, this was an attempt at agent humor. We're in the midst of that fitness vacation that everyone is entitled to (between Thanksgiving & New Years). I'd just gotten back from a feast-filled vacation, it was winter. It turns out my agent was serious, so the morning after I went to a Christmas party (that had a chocolate fountain!), I found myself donning a bikini in my sisters' back yard as she snapped a photo of my butt & thighs. Luckily the product I'm endorsing is working & my rear end proved to be sufficiently photogenic & I got the job!

3 comments:

Brophtron said...

Congratulations on getting the job and congratulations on your sufficiently photographic rear-end!

And congratulations on not having to don a bikini in this area - it was 19 degrees when I got up this morning, though I think it hit 40 degrees by noon.

As always, be sure to keep us updated on when and where to watch when the show airs!

Jodene said...

Congratulations! If I looked like that, I'd be happy to have my butt photographed, even if it was just after thanksgiving.

Erin Murphy said...

Jodene-
I just visited your websites. Really enjoyed them. You're doing great!
Erin