Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Marc Jacobs

Fashion designers love celebrities. They get tons of free press by giving them clothes. Nothing is better for a designer than having someone famous wear one of their outfits on the red carpet. Designers also love to feature celebs in their ads. Sometimes the celebs & the fashion lines are a prefect fit: Chanel uses Nicole Kidman & Scarlett Johansson is the new face of Louis Vuitton. Sometimes the celebs connection to the designer is humorous: Marc Jacobs featured Winona Ryder after she was arrested for shoplifting his clothes from Saks. The new face of Marc Jacobs is a little puzzling: Dakota Fanning. For some unexplained reason, folks seem to have very strong opinions about Dakota. They either love her or HATE her. I really don't get it. I think Dakota is an extremely talented child actress (much like Jodie Foster) & I think she's very pretty. She also comes across as poised & intelligent. But as far as being a fashion model, she's only 12! Marc Jacobs had to make custom pieces for her to model since none of his designs fit her (no surprise, since she's only 12!). I couldn't figure out what was weird about the photo on the left, then it hit me! The flower in Dakota's hair looks just like a white mouse jumping off her head! Oh well, who am I to question fashion?

5 comments:

David said...

That is rather weird that MJ would want to use someone younger than 18...by the way, Dakota Fanning is an EXACT replica of my cousin Morgan! You know how sometimes you see people and think they look like someone else but if you saw the two together they really don't look like each other? With Morgan and Dakota this is not the case. If Morgan were Dakota's age (she is about 22 now) and I had to pick Morgan out of a line up with Dakota I wouldn't be able to do it.

Jerry said...

White Mouse? I was thinking more like Tippy Hedren from The Birds! Those photos are very bizarre!

Erin Murphy said...

Jerry,
If you look closely, you can see the 2 mouse legs jumping off her head... Maybe it's like looking at clouds, where everyone sees something different.

Jerry said...

OK, I think I see a mouse. Is it like doing a belly slide face first down her head? LOL Maybe it's Templeton, You know Charlottes Web is being releases this week with Miss Fanning.

alex said...

oh yeah that's true it really looks like a mouse!!!
oh and I agree what you say she's really talented, it's what I was thinking this week in watching man on fire! she's talented as you were in bewitched... but that's sad you didn't keep on :'(