Thursday, December 21, 2006

Almost Family

I think lots of people have dear friends that they consider family. One of those people in my life is Bill Asher, my "Uncle Bill". I've known him my entire life & he's one of the most charming, charismatic men I've ever met. He's treated me with love & respect since before I was two. He can tell a story better than anyone! He's had the most remarkable career in entertainment. Uncle Bill was the director of I Love Lucy (arguably the best sitcom ever!) & he even came up with the idea of Samantha twitching her nose on Bewitched! His life is so steeped in history that not only was he friends with the Kennedys (including Jackie), he actually spent the last day of her life with Marilyn Monroe. He was recently honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Palm Springs Walk of Stars. Darren & I were happy to be there to help him celebrate.

6 comments:

alex said...

what a nice picture! and comment too! I think it's great you kept a contact with him... next time you'll see Bill, tell him he's great and that people are still watching bewitched all around the world...

Jerry said...

Thats Awesome Erin!

Happy Holidays!

J.P. said...

What a wonderful picture! Happy holidays. :)

Marlo said...

Haha, speaking of Lucy, my grandpa drove her in a cab once..

Rick M said...

AWESOME!!!! Dreat Shot Erin!!! Thank You for sharing it :)

Ethan (what's his name) said...

Thanks Erin!