Tuesday, May 01, 2012

What About Dick? or No TV for Lauren Hutton!

Over the weekend I attended the absolutely hilarious Eric Idle play: What About Dick? Unfortunately, it only had a four day run that ended yesterday, so my glowing review of the musical isn't to encourage you to go. The beautiful Orpheum Theater welcomed to the stage Russell Brand, Billy Connolly, Tim Curry, Eric Idle, Eddie Izzard, Jane Leeves, Jim Piddock, Tracey Ullman & Sophie Winkleman. The after party was especially cool: The cast mingled with other guests including Anjelica Huston, Patricia Heaton & Wendie Malick. The producer, Arnold Engelman, graciously introduced me to Lauren Hutton who was one of the investors. I learned two surprising things about the former supermodel: She is VERY short (shorter than I am!) and she hasn't watched television since 1964! She told me that she hadn't ever seen Bewitched, but was 'aware of it' & that she thought it was based on the book Bell, Book & Candle. She was also lovely!
My original title for this blog post was 'Lauren Hutton Prefers Dick to TV!' but I figured that was even too risque for me!

3 comments:

Daryl said...

What a GREAT story Erin! Lauren is a UNIQUE individual & INTERESTING!

Daryl said...

What a GREAT post Erin! Lauren is a UNIQUE & INTERESTING gal indeed!

Brophtron said...

Very cool story. Interesting that Lauren Hutton hasn't watched TV; she was going to be on the show "Manchild", but Showtime didn't pick it up.