Monday, December 21, 2009

Have a Very Scary Christmas :)

My first grader had a class project last week where he had to prepare a presentation about how our family celebrates the holiday season. Some of the kids celebrate Christmas and some celebrate Hanukkah. The first part of the assignment required the kids to draw a picture that showed how their family decorates for the holidays. My little boy colored a picture that was very dark and a little scary looking. In one corner it looked like there was a knife with blood. I asked him how his picture symbolized Christmas. He said, "Weeellll, our family also celebrates Halloween!!

3 comments:

GaryB said...

At least he didn't draw the Easter bunny.
Erin, I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas, and all the absolute best for 2010.
Continued Best wishes as always.
GaryB
Australia

bruno said...

Have a merry christmas and with some days before happy new year

~Katie said...

Hahaha, How Cute!

I just emailed you back about our sibling dogs. :) I am so sorry to hear about yours. I sent a picture of Shaggy. I also have a blog with his picture on it. I think you can click my name and get to my blog from there. Can't wait to see pics of yours. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.